Join CAPE in supporting Public Education on May 1! Donate to our May 1 Bus & Supply Fund using the form below!
On May 16th more than 25,000 educators and parents from across the state marched together to demand more from our legislators. On May 1st, educators and community members will continue to march for the future of education in North Carolina.
On May 1, CAPE will urge legislators to support students, educators, parents, and communities by making the following demands:
1. Provide enough school librarians, psychologists, social workers, counselors, nurses, and other health professionals to meet national professional-to-student standards;
2. Provide $15 minimum wage for all school personnel, 5% raise for all ESPs (non-certified staff), teachers, administrators, and a 5% cost of living adjustment for retirees;
3. Expand Medicaid to improve the health of our students and families;
4. Reinstate state retiree health benefits eliminated by the General Assembly in 2017;
5. Restore advanced degree compensation stripped by the General Assembly in 2013.